Herbed Pork Chops & Gravy
with Rosemary Brown Butter Veggies & Roasted Potatoes
We believe pork chops are a canvas. Tonight’s palette for your palate: A savory coating that includes garlic and paprika, and a creamy shallot- and thyme-flecked gravy that’s a work of art in itself—homey and elevated at the same time. Complement those chops with rosemary-brown butter potatoes, parsnips, and carrots, and you’ll have a dinner to Remem-brandt.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut parsnips on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Slice potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Halve, peel, and mince half the shallot (all for 4). Strip rosemary leaves from stems; finely chop leaves until you have ½ tsp (1 tsp for 4). TIP: If you have any extra rosemary sprigs, save them for an easy garnish!
• Toss parsnips and carrots on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Toss potatoes on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes. (For 4 servings, • divide between 2 sheets; roast parsnips and carrots on top rack and potatoes on middle rack.)
• Pat pork* dry with paper towels and season all over with Fry Seasoning, ½ tsp thyme (¾ tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan.
• In same pan, melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add a drizzle of oil, flour, and a pinch of thyme; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. • Whisk in 1 cup water, stock concentrates, and ¼ tsp salt. (For 4, use 2 cups of water and ½ tsp salt.) Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, 3-5 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Melt 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is foamy and flecked with amber brown bits, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat and stir in rosemary. Carefully transfer rosemary brown butter to a medium bowl.
• Slice pork crosswise. • Add carrots and parsnips to bowl with rosemary brown butter; toss to coat. • Divide pork, carrots and parsnips, and potatoes between plates. Spoon gravy over pork and serve.
Ground Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.