When it comes to chicken, we’re always looking for two things: golden, crackly skin and juicy, flavorful meat. You too? Well, you’re in (c)luck! These roasted chicken legs are all that and then some, the “some” being a dynamic maple mustard sauce that really takes ’em above and beyond. On the side, there’s a nutmeg-spiced sweet potato mash and roasted green beans topped with toasty pecans. Get a LEG up on dinnertime!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and rub to evenly coat with seasoning. Place on one side of a baking sheet. • Roast on top rack for 20 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then). • 4 SERVINGS: Spread chicken out across entire sheet. • TIP: For easy cleanup, line baking sheet with aluminum foil first.
• Peel and dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. • Place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Turn off heat; drain and return sweet potatoes to pot. • Add sour cream, 2 TBSP butter and a pinch of nutmeg; mash until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP butter. • TIP: For speedier spud prep, skip the peeling.
• Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine maple syrup and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. • Microwave until slightly thickened, 30 seconds. Set aside.
• Once chicken has roasted 20 minutes, remove baking sheet from the oven. • Add green beans to empty side; using tongs, toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. • Return to oven until green beans are tender and slightly crisp, 10 minutes more. • 4 SERVINGS: Leave chicken roasting and add green beans to a second baking sheet.
• Meanwhile, roughly chop pecans. • When green beans and chicken are done, remove baking sheet from oven. Transfer chicken to a plate, then sprinkle pecans over green beans. • Return to oven until nuts are toasted, 1-2 minutes.
• Divide chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans between plates. Spoon maple mustard sauce over chicken and serve. • TIP: If sauce is too thick, microwave for 5-10 seconds before spooning over chicken.