Think a rich, creamy risotto is something you can only enjoy at fancy restaurants? Think again! This version couldn’t be easier to whip up in your own kitchen. Just toast your rice in sautéed aromatics and butter for nutty flavor, then simmer with stock until the rice is perfectly al dente and creamy. Top it off with tomatoes, crispy mushrooms, and a generous dollop of garlic herb butter, then garnish with chives and Parmesan for a seriously impressive dinner.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Garlic Herb Butter(ContainsMilk)
• In a medium pot, combine 4 cups water and stock concentrates. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. • Wash and dry all produce. • Thinly slice mushrooms. Halve, peel, and dice onion. Peel and mince or grate garlic. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 7 cups water.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat another drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until slightly softened and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. • Add garlic, rice, and 1 TBSP plain butter. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and rice is translucent, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add ½ cup stock to pan with rice mixture; stir until liquid has mostly absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock—adding ½ cup at a time and stirring until liquid has mostly absorbed—until rice is al dente and mixture is creamy, 25-30 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Meanwhile, halve tomatoes. Mince chives. • TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need a little more or a little less liquid for the risotto.
• Once rice is al dente, stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic herb butter, half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), and half the chives; cook until tomatoes are softened, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in a pinch of chili flakes if desired. Turn off heat. • TIP: If risotto is too thick, stir in another splash of water or stock.
• Divide risotto between bowls. Top with remaining chives and Parmesan. Sprinkle with a pinch of chili flakes to taste. Serve.