Enjoying Mexican street corn is our favorite way to feel summer vibes all year round—so no matter the weather, these tasty tacos will make everything feel a whole lot sunnier. In this twist on Mexican esquites, crisp kernels are charred on the stovetop to develop a smoky-sweet flavor, then piled into steamy tortillas along with spiced pork, lime crema, and a heap of pickled shallot and jalapeño. Yep, taco night just got a whole lot better.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Southwest Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Zest and halve lime. Thinly slice jalapeño into rounds, removing ribs and seeds for less heat.
• In a small bowl, combine shallot, juice from whole lime, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), a pinch of salt, and as much jalapeño as you like. Set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
• In a second small bowl, combine sour cream, salt, pepper, and lime zest to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Drain corn, then pat dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat (if using a nonstick pan, heat without oil). Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred in spots, 4-6 minutes. TIP: If corn begins to pop, cover pan. • Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add pork* and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in Southwest Spice and half the Tex-Mex Paste (all for 4 servings); cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water. Cook until liquid has mostly reduced and pork is cooked through, 2-3 minutes more.
• Reserving veggies, pour pickling liquid to taste into bowl with corn. Stir in a drizzle of olive oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper. • Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates; fill with pork and corn. Top with crema and as many pickled veggies as you like. Serve.