Lemon is our go-to ingredient for brightening up any meal, and this dish is positively bursting with citrusy goodness! Paprika-coated chicken is drizzled with a creamy, lemon-and-thyme-spiked pan sauce that’d taste good on pretty much anything. On the side, there’s tender roasted carrots and steamy rice with lemon zest and pistachios. When life gives you lemons, you know what to do.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Strip 1 tsp thyme leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Zest and quarter lemon. • 4 SERVINGS: Strip and finely chop 2 tsp thyme leaves.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While carrots roast, melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter and 1½ cups water.
• While rice cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with paprika, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • TIP: If chicken begins to brown too quickly, lower the heat.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in same pan over medium heat. Add chopped thyme; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water. Bring to a simmer, then immediately turn off heat. • Stir in sour cream and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1/3 cup water.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lemon zest and pistachios. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice, carrots, and chicken between plates. Top chicken with sauce and sprinkle with scallion greens. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.