Farro, a variety of hulled wheat, is praised for its chewy texture and nutty flavor. To make this bowl shine, we pair the tasty ancient grain with roasted sweet potatoes and onion, peppery arugula, sweet-tart marinated cranberries, lemony dressing, nutty Parmesan cheese, and our own Salsa Verde Sunflower Pepitas. Get ready to be bowled over!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
Salsa Verde Sunflower Pepitas(ContainsMilk)
• Place a lightly oiled baking sheet on top rack and preheat oven to 425 degrees. • In a medium pot, combine farro, stock concentrate, and 3½ cups water (6 cups for 4 servings). Bring to a boil and cook until farro is tender, 25-30 minutes. TIP: If you end up with any excess stock, simply pour it out. Alternatively, if stock evaporates before farro is done, add a splash of water.
• Meanwhile, wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and slice onion into 1-inchthick wedges. Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Toss veggies in a large bowl with a large drizzle of oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Carefully spread out on preheated baking sheet. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While veggies roast, zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest 1 lemon; quarter both). • In a small bowl, combine juice from 2 lemon wedges (4 wedges for 4) and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4). Stir in cranberries. Let marinate, stirring occasionally, at least 15 minutes.
• Once cranberries have marinated, transfer lemon juice marinade to a second large bowl (leave cranberries in small bowl). Whisk 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings) into bowl with marinade; taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Stir 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings), half the roasted veggies, and half the dressing into pot with farro. Season with salt and pepper. • To bowl with remaining dressing, add arugula, cranberries, and remaining roasted veggies; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide farro mixture between bowls. Top with salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan, pepitas, and as much lemon zest as you like. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.