Can I recycle the packaging?
Yes! We care just as much about our packaging as the delicious recipes that come inside it. Here’s how to recycle each part of the HelloFresh box responsibly:
- The honeycomb paperboard is 100% curbside-friendly.
- Take summer liners to a nearby recycling center.
- Trash winter liners.
- Use scissors to cut a small corner and empty water soluble contents into trash before recycling this plastic pack.
- To avoid clogging your pipes, please don’t put the contents of the ice packs in your sink or toilet.
- Fold and discard with other household recyclables.
Separator and meal kits
- 100% curbside-friendly
Visit our dedicated Recycling page here for details on how to recycle each part of the HelloFresh box responsibly.
Do you offer plans for people with special requirements?
Transparency is important to HelloFresh, and we make it our priority to provide as much nutrition information to our customers about every ingredient in every recipe as possible.
Because an expansive amount of dietary preferences and/or dietary needs exist, we are unable to accommodate each one. We leave it to our customers to review the ingredients and determine which recipes best meet their dietary needs.
What is your packaging made out of?
- Summer and winter liners: honeycomb paperboard with a pulper-safe metalized film
- Summer liners: recycled cotton, jute, and kraft paper
- Winter liners: BPA-free plastic and mylar
- Water soluble gel (it dissolves in water but is not pipe-friendly, so don’t pour down the drain!) and recyclable plastic
- Mix of recycled and virgin fibers
Separator and meal kits
- Low-density chipboard
What can I expect in a meal kit?
In addition to receiving recipes with step-by-step instructions, you’ll also receive individual meal kits containing all the pre-measured ingredients you need to make each meal. Your proteins are packed separately outside of the meal kit, with ice packs to keep cool.
The only ingredients we assume you have on hand are salt, pepper, sugar, oil, and butter.
How is HelloFresh different from its competitors?
While anyone can deliver a box of food, HelloFresh opens up a full experience that brings the fun of cooking back into your life with:
- 6-step, approxmiately 30 min., wholesome recipes requiring minimal equipment
- Up to 40 deliciously simple recipes every week for all our plans
- Easily customizable menus, flexible deliveries, and option to skip/cancel
Do you offer plans for singles?
What type of customized plan do you offer?
Customers have the option to customize their plan meal settings via the following protein-specific preferences: pork-free and Veggie. They also have the option to select different preferences such as Quick & Easy, Pescatarian, Family Friendly, Fit & Wholesome, Veggie, and Chef's Choice/ Meat & Veggie. Meal preferences do not change the weekly menu, but ensure that you automatically receive the meals that fall under that preference for the given menu week.
You may view the plans we offer by clicking here
As an existing customer,to update your meal preferences:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and head to your Account Settings.
- When on the Plan Settings page, head over to Meal Preferences.
- Select the plan you would like from the Menu Prefernces drop down menu.
- Select Save.
How can I check allergen information?
Do you offer organic ingredients?
Some, but not all, of our ingredients are organic. The focus of HelloFresh is on helping our customers make those first steps towards cooking well-balanced meals at home. While the majority of our product is not organic, what we do concentrate on is what produce looks and tastes best.
We work with trusted, experienced, and sustainable business partners to ensure high quality, seasonal, and farm-sourced produce is delivered to our customers at peak freshness. Eating organic is certainly one way of eating better; however, the focus with HelloFresh is more on helping customers have a positive cooking experience in the kitchen. We help our customers take the necessary steps to add in more fruits and veggies in their everyday lives.
Do you offer gluten-free, dairy-free, or nut-free options?
Do you offer vegetarian/vegan options?
Fourteen veggie meals (including up to two vegan meals) are offered in our Classic Plan each week. The recipes contain fresh fruits, vegetables, hearty grains and/or meatless proteins.
With that said, veggie recipes may possibly be made vegan by opting to leave out certain ingredients (like cheese or yogurt). We leave it to our customers to determine the appropriate actions that best meet their dietary needs.
Veggie/vegan meals are labeled as such under each recipe. You can also log into your account and customize your meal plan to the Veggie preference.
Do you provide nutrition information for your meals? Where can I find it?
Yes! Here is how to find it:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on 'My Menu'.
- Click on an image of a meal that you will like to get nutritional information on.
- A pop-up window will appear, scroll down to the Nutrition Values section.
Here, you’ll find the recipe’s nutrition estimates for calories, fat, saturated fat, carbohydrate, sugar, dietary fiber, protein, cholesterol, and sodium. present in one serving “As Prepared”. The nutrition information provided is based on a per-serving amount, so one serving of a meal. If you order a 2 person box, then 2 servings of a meal are provided. The nutrition will only reflect one serving or half of the entire meal.
The nutrition estimates are based on one serving of the meal “As Prepared”. This is the nutrition analysis of the ingredients we send for a recipe and their respective culinary amounts with the addition of pantry items listed in the “Not included in your delivery” section on the site (also known as the “Bust Out” section on the recipe card). For salt, only when a quantified measurement of salt is instructed to be used in the recipe is it included in our nutrition analysis. All other mentions of salt use are not. We use the nutrition information for kosher salt in our analysis.
We purchase our ingredients from several different suppliers, so nutrition facts per meal can vary from the website to your box.