Move over, side salad: this meal is a hearty Southwestern-style feast. After roasting black beans and poblano in Southwestern-style spices, you’ll hard-boil eggs and make a creamy lime-ranch dressing. Toss that all over crisp romaine lettuce, and dress it all up with cheese, fresh tomato, and crunchy blue corn chips—now that’s a satisfying meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Baby Romaine Lettuce
Southwest Spice Blend
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing(ContainsEggs, Milk)
Mexican Cheese Blend(ContainsMilk)
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
• Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips. Drain and rinse beans. Zest and quarter lime. Trim and discard root end from lettuce; chop into bite-size pieces until you have about 4 loose cups (8 loose cups for 4 servings). Dice tomato into ¼-inch pieces.
• Once water is boiling, using a spoon, carefully lower eggs* into pot. Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Simmer until hard boiled, 11 minutes (you’ll finish the eggs in step 5).
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano and beans; season with Southwest Spice, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until poblano is browned and tender, 5-7 minutes. • Turn off heat. Let cool at least 5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, ranch dressing, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), a pinch of lime zest, juice from two lime wedges (juice from whole lime for 4), and ¼ tsp chipotle powder (taste and add more if you like things spicy). Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
• Once eggs have cooked 11 minutes, drain, keeping eggs in pot. Cover eggs with enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Soak until cool to the touch, 5-10 minutes. • Peel eggs. (TIP: Rinse peeled eggs with water to remove shell fragments.) Quarter eggs lengthwise; season with salt and pepper.
• In a large bowl, toss lettuce, tomato, and bean mixture with half the dressing. • Divide salad between plates. Top with Mexican cheese, eggs, remaining dressing, and remaining lime zest. Crumble tortilla chips over top. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.