Patties don’t always need to be sandwiched between buns, and tonight’s dinner is the most delicious example of that philosophy. Turkish-spiced turkey patties are drizzled with spicy, tangy harissa lemon crema. That’s all tossed over zesty roasted sweet potato, bell pepper, and zucchini. The finishing touch is some salty feta, which only adds to the colorful palette—and we don’t just mean ROYGBIV, we’re talking about your refined palate that’s ready to dig into this mouthwatering dish.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Turkish Spice Blend
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. (TIP: Peel if desired.) Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inchthick wedges. • Toss sweet potato, bell pepper, and onion on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, 1 tsp harissa powder (2 tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper. TIP: If you prefer a milder flavor, use less harissa powder. • Roast on top rack until veggies are tender, 22-25 minutes. (You’ll add more to the sheet after 10 minutes.)
• While veggies roast, zest and quarter lemon. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. • In a small bowl, combine sour cream, ¼ tsp harissa powder (½ tsp for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, pepper, a pinch of lemon zest to taste, and garlic to taste (you’ll use the remaining garlic in step 4). (Be sure to measure the harissa powder; we sent more.) Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Once veggies have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Carefully stir veggies, then push to one side of sheet. Toss zucchini on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, add zucchini to a second baking sheet; leave veggies roasting and add zucchini to middle rack.) • Return to top rack until all veggies are tender, 12-15 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine turkey*, panko, Turkish Spice, remaining garlic, salt (we used ¾ tsp), and pepper. (For 4 servings, use 1½ tsp salt.) • Form into 6 (12 for 4) 1½-inch meatballs. TIP: Wet hands or coat with oil first to prevent sticking.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over mediumhigh heat. Add meatballs to pan and gently press down with a spatula to make ½-inch-thick patties. (For 4 servings, cook patties in batches if necessary.) Cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
• Sprinkle roasted veggies and roasted zucchini with half the feta and half the remaining lemon zest; stir to combine. • Divide between plates. Top with patties. Drizzle with as much smoky lemon crema as you like. Garnish with remaining feta and lemon zest. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.