BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
with Pickled Jalapeño & Zesty Crema
Are you one of those people who constantly craves a quesadilla? Well, tonight’s dinner will satisfy that hunger... but with a twist! We added BBQ chicken with melty Mexican cheese before heating it all up between steamy tortillas. The cheesy chicken pockets are served with lime crema for dipping to your heart's content, plus pickled jalapeño if you want to spice things up even more. Don’t blame us if this dinner leaves you even crazier for quesadillas.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Fully Cooked Chicken Breasts
Ancho Chili Powder
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Mexican Cheese Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Thinly slice jalapeño crosswise into rounds, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Zest and quarter lime. • Dice chicken* into ½-inch pieces.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine jalapeño, juice from half the lime, ¼ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt. Microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve. • In a second small bowl, combine sour cream with lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium heat. Add chicken and chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Cook until warmed through, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in BBQ sauce to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Wipe out pan.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Evenly sprinkle Mexican cheese onto one half of each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture. (TIP: If you like things spicy, add some pickled jalapeño while assembling!) Fold tortillas in half to create quesadillas.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add quesadillas and cook until tortillas are golden brown and cheese has melted, 3-4 minutes per side. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches.
• Quarter quesadillas and divide between plates. Serve with pickled jalapeño (draining first), zesty crema, and remaining lime wedges on the side.