Middle-Eastern Style Chickpea Cavatappi
with Spinach, Tomato & Feta
You’ve had middle-eastern flavors in salads, grain bowls, and gyros—but have you tried ‘em in a pasta? If not, consider this your lucky dinner! Chickpeas, spinach, and onion are cooked with garlic and our signature Shawarma Spice Blend, then swirled in a creamy white sauce. Next, you’ll add tender cavatappi, fresh tomatoes, and feta cheese for brimming bowls full of bright flavors. It’s pasta night, perfected!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Shawarma Spice Blend
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Drain chickpeas over a small bowl, reserving liquid; rinse chickpeas and pat dry with paper towels. Dice tomatoes into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
• Once water is boiling, add cavatappi to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve 3⁄4 cup pasta cooking water (1 1⁄2 cups for 4 servings), then drain.
• Meanwhile, heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, chickpeas, Shawarma Spice Blend, a big pinch of salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan, until onion is softened and chickpeas are lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. • Add spinach and reserved chickpea liquid. Cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted and liquid has mostly absorbed, 2-3 minutes. TIP: Add spinach in batches if necessary.
• Reduce heat under pan with chickpea mixture to low. Stir in stock concentrate, cream cheese, sour cream, and 1⁄3 cup reserved pasta cooking water (1⁄2 cup for 4 servings) until melted and combined.
• Stir in drained cavatappi, tomatoes, half the feta, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is thoroughly coated in sauce.
• Divide cavatappi between bowls. Top with remaining feta and serve.