Sesame Sweet Soy Fried Rice
with Carrots, Snap Peas, a Fried Egg & Sriracha Mayo
Is there anything better than curling up with a bowl of fried rice? Our answer: not really! This week, our chefs cooked up a vegetarian version of the classic comfort food that’s got it all: tender carrots and snap peas, a tantalizing sesame soy sauce, fried eggs, and pan-crisped rice. The result? A symphony of flavors and textures you’ll find yourself craving again and again.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sugar Snap Peas
(Contains Eggs, Soy)
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Microwaveable Jasmine Rice
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and dice carrots into ¼-inch pieces. Remove strings from snap peas; halve crosswise on a diagonal. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Peel and mince garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• In a small bowl, combine sweet soy glaze, half the sesame oil, half the vinegar, and 1 tsp sugar. (For 4 servings, use all the sesame oil, all the vinegar, and 2 tsp sugar.) • In a separate small bowl, combine mayonnaise with Sriracha to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add snap peas and cook until slightly tender, 1-2 minutes. • Add ginger, garlic, and scallion whites; cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in sesame soy mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened and veggies are coated, 1-2 minutes more. • Turn off heat; transfer veggie mixture to a large bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Massage rice in package to break up grains, then add to pan. Cook, without stirring, until slightly crispy on bottom, 2-3 minutes. • Add veggie mixture and stir to combine. • Season with salt and pepper to taste. Press into an even layer; cook until rice is slightly crispy, 1-2 minutes more. Turn off heat.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, preferably nonstick, pan (use a large, preferably nonstick, pan for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Once hot, crack eggs* into pan and cover. (For 4, you may want to cook eggs in batches.) Fry eggs to preference. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide veggie fried rice between bowls; top each with a fried egg. Drizzle with Sriracha mayo, garnish with scallion greens, and serve.