We love a rice bowl! Street-food-fave beef skewers are spiced up with our aromatic, earthy shawarma spice blend, roasted to perfection and then served atop fragrant, fluffy rice. And to tick all of the boxes, our chefs added a crunchy, fresh tomato-cuke salad, a dollop of lemony hummus, and toasty whole wheat pitas for scooping or serving alongside. You do you!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Shawarma Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Whole Wheat Pitas(ContainsWheat)
• Heat broiler to high. Place 4 skewers (all for 4 servings) in a shallow dish and cover with water to soak. • Halve, peel, and dice half the onion; grate remaining half on the largest holes of a box grater. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and softened, 3-4 minutes. • Add rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), half the stock concentrate (you’ll use the rest later), and ½ tsp Shawarma Spice Blend (1 tsp for 4). (You’ll use the rest of the Shawarma Spice Blend later.) Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, bring 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Finely dice tomato. Trim and finely dice cucumber. Quarter lemon.
• In a medium bowl, combine beef*, grated onion, remaining Shawarma Spice Blend, remaining stock concentrate, ¾ tsp salt (1½ tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. • Divide beef mixture into four equal portions (eight portions for 4). Roll each portion into a thin log on a cutting board. Press each log around a skewer, sealing the meat and leaving 2-3 inches of skewer uncovered at the bottom.
• Place beef skewers on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Broil until cooked through, 5-6 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning.
• While beef skewers roast, in a second medium bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, juice from one lemon wedge (two wedges for 4 servings), a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. • In a third medium bowl, whisk together hummus, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a pinch of salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Toast pitas. Spread pitas with softened butter, then cut each into four pieces. • Fluff rice with a fork. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice, beef skewers, tomato salad, and pitas between bowls. Drizzle skewers with lemony hummus. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Ground Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160º.