Bacon Ranch Tortelloni Salad
with Tomato & Scallions
Ever wonder, “Why have an average-sized bite of cheesy stuffed pasta?” You’re asking the right questions, friend. That’s why our chefs created this 15-minute lunch idea featuring tortelloni (the jumbo brother of tortellini), tossed with crispy bacon, juicy tomato, and green pepper in a delicious duo of buttermilk ranch and Italian dressings. This pasta salad is perfect at room temperature, making it an ideal office lunch that’s perfect for potlucks and picnics, too). Thanks to tortelloni, you can go big and stay home!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
(Contains Eggs, Milk)
• Heat a medium dry pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon*; cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop bacon.
• While bacon cooks, wash and dry produce. Trim and thinly slice scallion greens (save scallion whites for another use). Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces. Core and dice green pepper into ½-inch pieces.
• Place tortelloni and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; microwave for 2 minutes (3 minutes for 4). Without removing plastic wrap, carefully shake bowl several times to toss tortelloni; microwave until pasta is tender, 2–4 minutes more. TIP: If cooking from frozen, you may need an extra minute.
• Drain tortelloni; rinse with cold water until cooled. Shake off excess water; pat dry with paper towels. Wash out bowl.
• Return drained tortelloni to bowl; add ranch dressing, Italian dressing, green pepper, scallion greens, and tomato. Stir until thoroughly combined.
• Divide tortelloni salad between bowls; top with bacon and serve.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.