Spaghetti aglio e olio translates to “spaghetti with garlic and oil”—and that about sums it up! This traditional, rustic dish from Naples turns a few classic ingredients into something spectacular. In this twist, our chefs used a light hand, giving fresh tomato, parsley, and chili flakes a chance to shine in a simple cream sauce. Italian-seasoned chicken is served over top for a mealtime concept that you won’t need an interpreter to understand: Less really is more!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Finely dice tomato. Peel and thinly slice garlic. Pick parsley leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with half the Italian Seasoning (all for 4 servings), salt (we used 1⁄4 tsp; 1⁄2 tsp for 4), and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: If chicken starts to brown too quickly, lower heat to medium and cover pan with lid after flipping chicken. • Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain pasta.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in pan used for chicken over medium low. Add tomato, garlic, and chili flakes to taste (we used 1⁄2 tsp; add a pinch more if you like things spicy), and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in cream sauce base and 1⁄4 cup reserved pasta cooking water (1⁄2 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Stir drained spaghetti, parsley, and 1⁄2 TBSP butter (1 TBSP for 4 servings) into pan with sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce.
• Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Divide pasta between bowls; top with chicken and serve.