Perhaps no one has ever made a better comeback than cauliflower. Once deemed mildly uninteresting, the versatile veg can now be spotted as a pizza crust, rice substitute, and even a hearty taco filling! Here you’ll coat florets in a spicy tempura batter, then fry ‘em up until crisp and golden. Paired with a tangy-sweet slaw, scallion greens, and hot sauce, these tacos serve up classic buffalo chicken flavor in a surprising veggie version. That’s the power of cauliflower!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
White Wine Vinegar
Frank's Hot Sauce
Tempura Batter(ContainsEggs, Milk, Wheat)
Frank's Seasoning Blend
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Cut cauliflower florets into 1-inch pieces.
• In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, 11⁄2 tsp vinegar (3 tsp for 4 servings), 1⁄4 tsp sugar (1⁄2 tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• In a second medium microwave-safe bowl, combine scallion whites, Frank’s hot sauce, hot sauce, 1 TBSP water (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a pinch of sugar, and a pinch of salt. • Microwave on high for 1 minute, then immediately stir in 3 TBSP butter (6 TBSP for 4) until melted.
• In a third medium bowl (use a large bowl for 4 servings), whisk together tempura mix, Frank’s Seasoning, 1⁄4 cup water (1⁄2 cup for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper. TIP: If mixture is too thick, add more water 1 tsp at a time until it reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency. • Stir in cauliflower until fully coated.
• Heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in a large, preferably heavy-bottomed, pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, using a slotted spoon, add coated cauliflower. TIP: Don’t overcrowd the pan! You will need to work in batches. • Cook until cauliflower is golden brown and crisp, 2-3 minutes per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper- towel-lined plate.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates; fill with slaw and cauliflower. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with scallion greens. Serve.