Charred Tomato & Ricotta Toasts
with Walnuts, Chili Flakes & Balsamic Glaze
Toast: the best thing since sliced bread. Delicious on its own, this carby comfort gets worlds better in the hands of our talented chefs. Slices of sourdough are brushed with garlic oil, toasted until golden, and spread with creamy, herby ricotta. On top of that, there’s a layer of meltingly-sweet, garlic-roasted grape tomatoes and crunchy walnuts. The finishing touches are a sprinkling of Parmesan, more parsley, and a drizzle of tangy-sweet balsamic glaze. This, friends, is truly a toast with the most.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce.
• Peel and mince or grate garlic. Halve tomatoes; toss on a baking sheet with half the garlic, a large drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on top rack until tomatoes are lightly charred, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Carefully wipe off sheet with paper towels.
• Meanwhile, pick parsley leaves from stems; mince leaves. In a second medium bowl, combine ricotta, half the Parmesan, and half the minced parsley (save the remaining Parmesan and minced parsley for serving). Season with salt and a pinch of chili flakes to taste.
• In a small bowl, combine remaining garlic and a large drizzle of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush one side of each sourdough slice with garlic oil. Place on baking sheet used for tomatoes. Bake on top rack until toasted, 4-5 minutes.
• Remove sheet from oven; add walnuts to same sheet. (TIP: If sourdough is done at this point, remove from sheet.) Return to oven until walnuts are toasted, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly; roughly chop.
• Divide toasts between plates; spread with herby ricotta. Evenly top with tomatoes, walnuts, and remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle with remaining minced parsley and chili flakes to taste. Drizzle with as much balsamic glaze as you like and serve.