Crispy Buffalo-Spiced Chicken
with Blue Cheese Sauce, Scallion Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Carrots
Are you the type of person who only goes to sporting events because of the possibility that Buffalo wings may be present? We’re with you, and that’s why our chefs took the beloved dish from messy app to epic weeknight dinner. First, chicken is brushed with sour cream, then coated in a Buffalo-spiced panko mixture. It’s roasted to juicy, crunchy perfection, then drizzled with creamy blue cheese sauce. Oh, and did we mention there’s roasted carrots and sour cream and scallion mashed potatoes on the side?! Yeah, it’s safe to say this dish is a slam dunk.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Blue Cheese Dressing
(Contains Eggs, Milk)
Frank's Seasoning Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces (no need to peel). Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, half the Fry Seasoning (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While carrots roast, place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid; drain and return potatoes to pot. Mash with 1 packet sour cream (2 packets for 4 servings) and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. (You’ll use more sour cream in the next step.) • Stir in half the scallion greens. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. • Place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in panko, Frank’s Seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Brush 1 packet sour cream (2 packets for 4) onto tops of chicken in a thin layer. Working one piece at a time, dip brushed sides of chicken into panko mixture, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the undersides). (You’ll use the remaining sour cream in the next step.) • Place chicken coated sides up on a second, lightly oiled baking sheet.
• Roast chicken on middle rack until cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a plate to rest. • While chicken cooks, in a small bowl, combine blue cheese dressing, scallion whites, and remaining sour cream.
• Divide carrots, potatoes, and chicken between plates. Top chicken with blue cheese sauce, remaining scallion greens, and hot sauce if desired. Serve with any remaining blue cheese sauce on the side.