Gooey Broccoli Cheddar Melts
with Sweet Potato Wedges & Smoky Red Pepper Dip
Broccoli and cheddar are a comfort food match made in heaven. Tonight, we’re taking the combo out of the soup bowl and into a sandwich: an ultra-decadent melt. Sourdough bread slices are layered with charred broccoli and a blend of cream cheese and cheddar; then, the sandwiches crisp up in a hot pan with butter until perfectly golden and melty. On the side, there’s roasted sweet potato wedges and smoky red pepper crema for dipping your spuds, your sandwich, or both—it’s up to you!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
White Cheddar Cheese
Smoky Red Pepper Crema
(Contains Milk, Soy)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring 2 TBSP butter to room temperature. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut broccoli florets into ½-inch pieces. Cut sweet potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP butter.
• Toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, half the Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Toss sweet potatoes on a second sheet with a large drizzle of oil, remaining Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Roast broccoli on top rack and sweet potatoes on middle rack until veggies are browned and tender, 14-16 minutes for broccoli and 20-25 minutes for sweet potatoes.
• While veggies roast, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, and white cheddar. • TIP: If needed, microwave until cream cheese softens, for 10 seconds.
• Spread cheddar mixture onto two slices of sourdough. Top cheddar mixture with an even layer of roasted broccoli, then remaining slices of bread to create sandwiches. Spread outsides of sandwiches with softened butter. • 4 SERVINGS: Spread cheddar mixture onto four slices of bread. • TIP: If butter is not yet softened, microwave for 5-10 seconds.
• Place sandwiches in a large pan over medium heat. Cook until bread is golden brown and cheese melts, 4-6 minutes per side. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 large pans or work in batches. • TIP: Lower heat if sandwiches begin to brown too quickly.
• Halve sandwiches on a diagonal; divide between plates. Serve with sweet potato wedges and smoky red pepper crema on the side for dipping.