Lemon-Feta Chicken & Chickpea Rice Bowls
with Roasted Broccoli, Red Onion & Creamy Shawarma Sauce
Looking to impress your new (vegetarian) boo with a cozy home-cooked dinner? This 30-minute one’s for you two lovebirds! This Middle-Eastern style bowl starts with fluffy garlic rice. You’ll top it with crisp-roasted shawarma-spiced chickpeas and a broccoli and red onion jumble seasoned with lemon and briny feta cheese for tangy, bright contrast. Lastly you’ll drizzle it all with our earthy, savory, creamy shawarma sauce for a “kitchen official” date night!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Shawarma Spice Blend
Creamy Shawarma Sauce
(Contains Milk, Soy)
Chopped Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat very dry with paper towels. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Quarter lemon.
• Toss chickpeas with stock concentrate on one side of a baking sheet. • Toss broccoli and onion on empty side of sheet with a large drizzle of oil, Shawarma Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until veggies are browned and tender and chickpeas are crispy, 15-20 minutes. (For 4 servings, spread chickpeas out across entire sheet and roast on top rack; add broccoli and onion to a second baking sheet and roast on middle rack.)
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• In a small bowl, combine shawarma sauce and ½ tsp water (1 tsp for 4 servings) until smooth.
Open package of chicken and drain off any excess liquid. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• Remove chickpeas and veggies from oven; carefully toss on sheet with feta and juice from one lemon wedge (two wedges for 4 servings). Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Fluff rice with a fork; taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. Divide rice between shallow bowls and top with lemon-feta chickpeas and veggies. Drizzle with sauce and top with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Top rice with chicken along with lemon-feta chickpeas and veggies.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.