The week just isn’t complete without a taco night. If you agree (and how could you not?), you’re in luck! Our chefs put together a sweet and savory version that’s sure to satisfy. There’s saucy beef and charred poblano, plus refreshing kiwi salsa and lime crema, all piled into steamy-soft tortillas. Taco’bout a killer meal.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Mexican Spice Blend
Beef Stock Concentrate
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Wash and dry produce. • Finely dice tomato. Peel and finely dice kiwi. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Roughly chop cilantro. Quarter lime. Core, deseed, and finely chop poblano.
• In a medium bowl, combine tomato, kiwi, minced onion, half the cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. • In a small bowl, combine sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano, sliced onion, and half the Mexican Spice (you’ll use the rest in the next step). Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly charred, 3-4 minutes.
• Add a drizzle of oil, beef*, and remaining Mexican Spice to pan with veggies. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until beef is browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (If there’s excess grease in your pan, carefully pour it out.)
• Reduce heat under pan to medium low. Stir in stock concentrate, half the tomato paste (all for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4). Cook, stirring, until everything is coated in a thick sauce, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates; fill with beef filling, salsa, crema, and remaining cilantro. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.