Pepper Jam Pork Tenderloin
plus a Kale & Sweet Potato Jumble
We looked below the Mason-Dixon line for inspiration and came up with pork tenderloin smothered in a lush pan sauce. The key to the sauce is red pepper jam, which adds a tangy, sweet-savory flavor while sour cream adds a touch of indulgence. Joining the party is a tangle of sauteed kale with roasted sweet potatoes and onions. With a meal so plentiful and delicious, who can resist all this Southern charm?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Red Pepper Jam
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces.
• Toss sweet potatoes and onion on one side of a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, spread veggies across entire sheet.) • Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add the pork then).
• Pat pork* dry with paper towels; season all over with paprika, salt, and pepper. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork; sear, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 4-8 minutes. • Once veggies have roasted 10 minutes, transfer pork to opposite side of baking sheet. (For 4 servings, leave veggies roasting and add pork to a second sheet; roast on middle rack.) Roast until pork is cooked through and veggies are browned and tender, 10-12 minutes. TIP: If pork is done before veggies, remove from sheet and continue roasting veggies for 5 minutes more. • Transfer pork to a cutting board to rest.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a second large pan over medium heat. Add kale, 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. • Heat pan used for pork over medium heat. Add jam, stock concentrate, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened, 3-4 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in sour cream until combined. Season with pepper. TIP: If sauce seems too thick, add a splash of water.
• Transfer sweet potatoes and onion to pan with kale. Cook over medium heat until warmed through, 1-2 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Thinly slice pork crosswise. • Divide veggies between bowls; top with pork. Spoon sauce over pork and serve.