Triple Cheese Spinach Penne Bake
2x the delicious servings!
Who doesn’t daydream about cheesy baked pasta? Luckily, this big batch crowd-pleaser will make those dreams come true for the whole crew. In it, you’ll find penne and spinach in a rich marinara sauce layered with melty mozzarella and our savory Italian cheese blend. In the oven, the ingredients bubble together and the flavors meld into savory dinner perfection. You’ll whisk it to the table—with toppings of buttery toasted panko, Parmesan, and chili flakes—and serve it straight from the dish for maximum cheese pull and rounds of oohs and aahs!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Italian Cheese Blend
Garlic Herb Butter
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Roughly chop spinach.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until almost al dente, 8 minutes. (For 8 servings, divide between two large pots or cook in batches.) • Stir spinach into pot and continue to cook until spinach is wilted and pasta is al dente, 1-2 minutes more. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain. • While pasta cooks, coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (9-by-13-inch baking dish for 8) with nonstick cooking spray.
• Heat pot used for pasta and spinach over medium-high heat. Add crushed tomatoes, stock concentrates, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water, and 2 TBSP plain butter (½ cup pasta cooking water and 4 TBSP plain butter for 8 servings). Cook, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and everything is thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat and add drained penne and spinach, mozzarella, and Italian cheese blend; stir until everything is coated in sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish. Coat a large piece of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, coated side down. • Bake on top rack until sauce is bubbling, 13-15 minutes. TIP: Careful when lifting the foil to check on the penne bake—steam may escape!
• Meanwhile, melt garlic herb butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add panko and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. • Transfer garlic herb panko to a small bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
• When penne bake is done baking, let cool for 5 minutes. • Top with garlic herb panko, Parmesan, and as many chili flakes as you like. Divide between plates or serve family style directly from baking dish.