Fishing for some cooking compliments? We’ve got just the thing. Here, salmon fillets are seared until crisp-skinned and flaky, then drizzled with a smoky lemon crema and sprinkled with aromatic Za’atar spice. They’re paired with a chewy bulgur salad that features fresh tomato and cucumber for a meal that’s sure to help you find that dinner dev-ocean you’ve been searching for.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince garlic. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add bulgur, stock concentrate, 1 cup water, ½ tsp harissa powder (be sure to measure), and salt (we used ½ tsp). (For 4 servings, use 2 cups water and 1 tsp harissa powder; we used 1 tsp salt.) Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until water has absorbed and bulgur is tender, 12-15 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use in step 5.
• While bulgur cooks, zest and quarter lemon. Pick and finely chop fronds from dill. Finely dice tomato. Trim and finely dice cucumber.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lemon zest, half the chopped dill, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat salmon* dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon skin sides down. Cook until skin is crisp and fish is almost cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Flip and cook until fish is opaque and cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. • Remove from pan and set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine cooked bulgur, tomato, cucumber, remaining chopped dill, and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide salmon between plates and drizzle with creamy lemon dill sauce. Sprinkle with a pinch of Za’atar Spice to taste. Serve bulgur salad on the side. Squeeze juice from any remaining lemon wedges over top and serve.