Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bake
3x the delicious servings!
This sweet and hearty make-ahead meal can feed a crowd or keep you in breakfast all week long! (Talk about a great week.) You’ll top a comforting filling of apples and cinnamon with an oat-pecan streusel, then bake to golden-brown perfection and serve with dollops of honey-lemon yogurt for tangy-creamy contrast. Order this instant favorite for your next breakfast gathering (or save it all for yourself!).
This recipe is triple the typical servings, providing 6 servings and 12 servings for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8-by-8-inch nonstick metal baking dish (9-by-13-inch baking dish for 12 servings) with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve 1 TBSP flour (2 TBSP for 12) in a large bowl. Wash and dry produce.
• Place 4 TBSP butter (8 TBSP for 12 servings) in a medium microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until melted, 60-90 seconds. TIP: Get a head start peeling apples while butter melts!
• To bowl with melted butter, add oats, pecans, half the cinnamon, remaining flour, 4 TBSP white sugar (8 TBSP for 12 servings), and a pinch of salt. Mix with a fork to combine. Place topping mixture in freezer to firm up while preparing filling.
• Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. Zest and quarter lemon.
• To bowl with reserved flour, add apples, brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, and juice from one lemon wedge (two wedges for 12 servings); toss to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish in an even layer.
• Remove topping mixture from freezer and evenly crumble over apple filling, pressing together with fingertips to create small clumps.
• Bake breakfast bake on middle rack until topping is golden brown and apples are tender, 25-30 minutes. TIP: Prefer softer apples? Bake an extra 5-10 minutes.
• While breakfast bake bakes, wash and dry bowl used for topping mixture. In bowl, whisk together yogurt, crème fraîche, honey, and lemon zest to taste until combined. TIP: Use scissors to open all the packets! If honey is hardened, massage packets between your hands to soften before opening.
• Let breakfast bake cool slightly. Divide between bowls and top with dollops of honey lemon yogurt.