Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Mug Muffins
with Orange Slices & Chocolate Ganache
15-minute muffins from start to finish? We’ll get out of your way so you can get right to baking! For this chocolatey orange-infused breakfast treat, you’ll add chocolate chips, orange zest, brown sugar, and crème fraîche to our versatile batter mix, divide between mugs, and microwave for just about two minutes. Serve straight from the mug with orange slices and a creamy chocolate ganache (that’s frosting with a fancy name) for dipping or spreading. It’s a fast and friendly breakfast in a flash!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Semisweet Chocolate Chips
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Zest and halve orange; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Thoroughly shake coconut milk in container before opening.
• Place ¼ cup coconut milk (½ cup for 4 servings) in a medium microwave-safe bowl (be sure to measure—we sent more!). Microwave until bubbling, 40-60 seconds. Immediately add half the chocolate chips and let stand until chocolate has slightly melted, 2-3 minutes.
• Gently whisk chocolate ganache until smooth and shiny, 30-60 seconds more. Wash and dry whisk.
• In a large bowl, whisk together crème fraîche and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings) until mostly smooth.
• Add tempura batter mix, baking powder, brown sugar, remaining chocolate chips, ¼ tsp orange zest, and ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp orange zest and ½ tsp salt for 4 servings) to bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes.
• Coat two microwave-safe mugs (four mugs for 4 servings) with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly divide batter between mugs. TIP: The batter will be sticky, so use a rubber spatula to transfer to mugs.
• Microwave until mug muffins are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 2 minutes. TIP: If needed, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until muffins are done.
• Let mug muffins cool for 1 minute. Serve straight from the mugs with orange slices and ganache for dipping on the side. TIP: Not serving them right away? Use a butter knife to loosen muffins from mugs and transfer to a plate or container.