Master the art of building the perfect burrito with this recipe. First, assemble your fillings—here, you’ve got fluffy cilantro lime rice, hearty spiced black beans and poblano, and Monterey Jack cheese. Next, get your salsas and condiments ready: smoky red pepper crema, refreshing pico de gallo, and guacamole. Now for the best part: stuffing the tortillas with just as much of each component as your heart desires, so you get a burrito that’s perfectly customized. Roll it all up, then dig into burrito bliss. Now THAT’S a wrap!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Southwest Spice Blend
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsSoy, Milk)
• Wash and dry produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use in step 4.
• While rice cooks, halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (3 TBSP for 4 servings). Dice tomato. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano crosswise into strips. • In a small bowl, combine minced onion, tomato, half the cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion, poblano, and a pinch of salt; cook until veggies are browned and softened, 5-7 minutes. • Stir in beans and their liquid, stock concentrate, Southwest Spice, a big pinch of salt (we used ½ tsp salt; 1 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid has reduced, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest and remaining cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. • Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface. To the bottom third of each tortilla, add 1⁄3 cup rice in a line. Top rice with ½ cup filling (you’ll have some left over—serve it on the side!) and sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Add a dollop of smoky red pepper crema, a bit of pico de gallo, then half the guacamole (save the rest for serving). • Fold bottom side of each tortilla up over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form burritos. TIP: For less mess, place each tortilla on a large piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper before rolling and wrap up with foil. Simply unwrap as you eat!
• Halve burritos on a diagonal. Divide between plates with remaining rice, filling, smoky red pepper crema, pico de gallo, and guacamole. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.