Step aside, side salad—this hearty kale and shrimp mix is the stuff of dinner dreams. Our chef’s tossed together tender kale with sweet pineapple chunks, roasted sweet potato, pickled onion, and a tangy cilantro lime vinaigrette for this hearty-yet-light meal. It’s all topped with blackened shrimp for a dinner you’re going to want to make again and again.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Zest lime until you have 2 tsp (4 tsp for 4 servings); quarter lime. Dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Roughly chop cilantro. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Remove and discard any large ribs from kale. • In a medium bowl, combine half the onion, juice from half the lime, ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt. Set aside to quick-pickle.
• Toss sweet potato on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast until browned and tender, 18-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together half the cilantro, juice from remaining lime, and 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4 servings). • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream and lime zest. Stir in reserved pineapple juice 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2-4 minutes. • Add shrimp and season with half the Blackening Spice (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 2-4 minutes.
• Toss kale in a large bowl with a drizzle of oil. Season lightly with salt. Massage kale until leaves soften. Add roasted sweet potato, pineapple, and cilantro lime vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
• Divide kale salad between plates or bowls. Top with blackened shrimp mixture. Drizzle with tropical crema. Garnish with pickled onion (draining first) to taste and remaining cilantro. Serve.