Quick and easy meals are fine for sustenance but they’re not always exciting, you know? Not these quesadillas, though! These gooey, griddled beauts feel luxurious and nourishing, yet take only 15 minutes to make, thanks to smart techniques like charring corn for smoky-sweet depth and smart shortcuts like ready-made refried beans, guac, and red pepper crema. Of course, all the cheese melding the filling together doesn’t hurt!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
Mexican Spice Blend
Flour Tortillas(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Mexican Cheese Blend(ContainsMilk)
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsSoy, Milk)
• Drain corn, then pat dry with paper towels. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large pan over high heat. Add corn and season with Southwest Spice and 1⁄2 tsp salt (1 tsp for 4). Cook, stirring occasionally, until charred, 4-5 minutes. (TIP: Cover pan if corn begins to pop!) Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl and set aside. Wipe out pan.
• While corn chars, place beans in a second medium microwave-safe bowl. Stir in Mexican Spice and 1 TBSP water. Microwave for 2 minutes; stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface; evenly spread half the refried bean mixture (all for 4 servings) over each tortilla. Evenly top one half of each tortilla with half the cheese. Top with half the corn (all for 4), then sprinkle with remaining cheese. (You may have some extra beans and corn—serve on the side!) Fold each tortilla in half to create quesadillas.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for corn over medium-high heat. Add quesadillas; cook until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts, 2-4 minutes per side. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches.
• While quesadillas cook, in a small bowl, combine guacamole and sour cream. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Cut quesadillas into wedges and divide between plates. Serve with creamy guac and crema on the side for dipping.