Sure, your grandma’s meatloaves have a lot of love in them. But that same-old, same-old recipe could use a twist once in a while, no? Our chefs nailed it with this update on the home-cooked favorite, swapping beef and pork for turkey mixed with zesty Fry Seasoning. Ketchup stayed in the back of the fridge in favor of a Dijon mustard and cranberry jam glaze, and sad steamed broccoli turned into a jubilee of roasted veggies. We’re pretty sure this meal would even wow Grandma.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise (quarter any larger ones if necessary). Dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces.
• Toss Brussels sprouts and sweet potato on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together panko and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings). (TIP: Have milk on hand? Use it in place of water for an even more flavorful meatloaf.) Add turkey*, half the mustard (you’ll use the rest in the next step), remaining Fry Seasoning, ¾ tsp salt (1½ tsp for 4), and pepper. Mix to thoroughly combine, then form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). TIP: Wet your hands or coat with oil first to prevent sticking. • Coat a second baking sheet with a drizzle of oil. Add meatloaves to prepared sheet. Tent meatloaves with foil. • Roast on middle rack until browned and cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
• While meatloaves roast, in a small bowl, combine jam, half the ketchup (all for 4 servings), and remaining mustard. • When meatloaves are done, remove sheet from oven; remove foil. Top loaves with cranberry glaze. • Return to oven until glaze is tacky, 2-3 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, heat a small, dry pan over medium-high heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and toasted, 2-4 minutes. • When veggies are done, add toasted almonds and cranberries to sheet with veggies. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
• Divide meatloaves and roasted veggies between plates. Serve.