Glazed Gingery Turkey Patties
with Mushroom Teriyaki & Carrot-Zucchini Jumble
Ah, the humble turkey patty. Simple, adaptable, flavorful—seriously, what’s not to love? In this dish, gingery patties are draped in a tangy-spicy mushroom and sweet soy-gochujang glaze with a bit of butter and a garnish of sesame seeds for crunch. A wholesome jumble of roasted carrots, onion, and zucchini adds color and balance. And, for the ultimate patty trick, you’ll have everything plated in about 30 minutes. Weeknight win!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Sesame, Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges; mince one or two wedges until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
• On a baking sheet, toss carrots and onion wedges with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until lightly browned, 10 minutes. • Once veggies have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Carefully add zucchini and a pinch of salt; toss to combine. • Return to top rack and roast until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes more.
• While veggies roast, peel and mince or grate ginger until you have ½ tsp (1 tsp for 4 servings). Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!).
• In a large bowl, combine turkey*, minced onion, minced ginger, ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Mix gently until thoroughly combined. Form into 6 1½-inch meatballs (12 meatballs for 4). TIP: Rub hands with a little oil first to prevent sticking. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; gently press down with a spatula to form ½-inch-thick patties. Cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side (for 4, you may need to work in batches). • Turn off heat; transfer patties to a plate. Wipe out pan and let cool for 1 minute.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. • While mushrooms cook, whisk together sweet soy glaze, gochujang, half the cornstarch, and ½ cup water (all the cornstarch and 1 cup water for 4 servings) in a small bowl. • Once mushrooms are done, add soy-gochujang mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add cooked turkey patties and ½ TBSP butter (1 TBSP for 4); turn patties to evenly coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Divide veggie jumble and glazed turkey patties between plates in separate sections. • Spoon any remaining sauce over patties and sprinkle with as many sesame seeds as you like. Serve.
Ground Turkey is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.