Pork Sausage Cottage Pie
topped with Cheesy Thyme Mashed Potatoes
No matter the weather, we firmly believe that there’s nothing better than homey, comforting classics that warm you from the inside out. If you agree, look no further! Enter: our chefs’ ode to the classic cottage pie. The base is a rich, tomatoey pork sausage filling chock-full of fresh veggies and herbs. On top, swoops of creamy, thyme-flecked mashed potatoes are sprinkled with white cheddar, then broiled to create an irresistible crust. It all bakes up in the same pan that the sausage is cooked in, making it as easy as...well, you get it!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Longhini's Pork Sausage
Beef Stock Concentrate
White Cheddar Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Heat broiler to high. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Strip thyme leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. Trim, peel, and halve carrot lengthwise; slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Finely dice celery. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Peel and mince garlic.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Drain and return potatoes to pot. Mash with sour cream, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and 1 tsp chopped thyme until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of water as needed. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, preferably ovenproof, pan (use a large, preferably ovenproof, pan for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add carrot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add celery, onion, and a large drizzle of oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until veggies are just tender, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If veggies begin to brown too quickly, add a splash of water. • Stir in garlic and 2 tsp chopped thyme; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Remove sausage* from casing; discard casing. • Add sausage to pan with veggies. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Add tomato paste and flour; cook, stirring, until thoroughly combined, 1 minute.
• Gradually stir ½ cup water (¾ cup for 4 servings) into pan with sausage mixture. • Stir in stock concentrate and bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is very thick, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper. TIP: If your pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer filling now to a baking dish.
• Top sausage filling with an even layer of mashed potatoes, leaving a 1-inch border around edge of pan. Evenly sprinkle mashed potatoes with cheddar. Broil until browned, 3-4 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. • Let rest at least 5 minutes, then divide between plates and serve.