Stuffed Salmon with Creamy Spinach
with Roasted Potatoes, Garlicky Asparagus & Lemon-Shallot Sauce
Dazzle your dinner guests with this luxurious seared salmon dish, stuffed with steakhouse-style creamed spinach and drizzled with a delicate lemon-shallot sauce. Roasted potatoes catch any runaway sauce, and a side of garlicky asparagus completes the plate. Bright, balanced, and effortlessly elegant—this new favorite dinner idea is dressed to impress!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve, peel, and thinly slice half the shallot; finely dice remaining half. Trim and discard woody bottom ends from asparagus. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil (large drizzle for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While potatoes roast, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced shallot and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring, until browned and slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted, 2-4 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl. Wipe out pan. • Add sour cream, half the cream cheese, and half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest in Step 5) to same bowl; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat salmon* dry with paper towels. Place, skin sides down, on a clean work surface. Using a sharp knife, cut a slit lengthwise down the center of the flesh sides (be careful not to cut through the skin!). Rub all over with a drizzle of oil; season with salt and pepper. (Make sure to season inside the cuts too!) • Place salmon, skin sides down, on one side of a second lightly oiled baking sheet. Stuff salmon with spinach filling (it’s OK if they seem overstuffed).
• Toss asparagus on opposite side of same sheet with a drizzle of oil (large drizzle for 4 servings), remaining garlic powder, salt, and pepper. • Roast on middle rack until salmon is cooked though and asparagus is tender, 12-15 minutes. TIP: If asparagus is done before salmon, remove from sheet and continue roasting salmon.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for spinach over medium heat. Add diced shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until shallot is softened and translucent, 3-5 minutes. • Whisk in ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), stock concentrate, and remaining cream cheese. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat. Stir in a pinch of lemon zest, juice from one lemon wedge (two wedges for 4), and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide salmon, asparagus, and potatoes between plates. Spoon sauce over salmon. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Salmon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.