Buckle up, because the power bowl just got a whole lot more powerful. Here, earthy bulgur wheat simmers with sweet apricots, then gets tossed with spinach and feta. The toppings on this bowl really steal the show though: roasted carrots, crunchy almonds, and juicy orange. Cheese, grain, veg, fruit, and nut—what makes a better bowl?
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Tunisian Spice Blend
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Red Wine Vinegar
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the Tunisian Spice (all for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine apricots, bulgur, stock concentrate, 1 cup water, and salt (we used ½ tsp). (For 4 servings, use 2 cups water. We used 1 tsp salt.) Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until bulgur is tender and water has absorbed, 12-15 minutes. • Turn off heat and uncover to cool slightly.
• While bulgur cooks, zest orange until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4 servings), then halve orange. Squeeze juice from half the orange into a medium bowl. Peel and dice remaining orange into bite-size pieces. Pick parsley leaves from stems; mince leaves.
• To bowl with orange juice, add vinegar, mustard, half the minced parsley, 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4 servings), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4), and a pinch of orange zest. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Fluff bulgur with a fork. • Place spinach in a large bowl and drizzle with half the vinaigrette (save the rest for serving); toss to combine. Add bulgur and half the feta (save the rest for serving). Toss to combine.
• Divide bulgur salad between bowls. Top with roasted carrots and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Top with almonds, diced orange, and remaining feta. Garnish with remaining minced parsley and chili flakes to taste. Serve.