Vegan Hoisin-Glazed Cauliflower Bowls
with Loaded Veggie Rice & Sesame Seeds
This vegan dinner idea is one balanced flavor bomb of a meal, thanks to some of our favorite umami-rich condiments. Crisp-roasted cauliflower is coated in a velvety blend of hoisin, katsu sauce, and sweet Thai chili sauce—a combination that’s hard to beat! Fragrant fried rice, bejeweled with tender-crisp carrots and sweet peas, is the perfect bed for nestling the savory-sweet glazed cauliflower. Finish with a sprinkle of scallion greens and nutty sesame seeds for crunchy contrast.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Korean Chili Flakes
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim cauliflower into bite-size pieces. • Toss cauliflower on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Trim, peel, and quarter carrots lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into quarter-moons.
• Heat a drizzle of oil and half the sesame oil in a small pot (use all the sesame oil and a medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, 1-2 minutes. • Add rice, stock concentrate, 1 cup water (2 cups for 4), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until Step 6.
• While rice cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and a pinch of salt; stir to combine. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and almost cooked through, 5-7 minutes. • Uncover and add peas and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings). Cook until carrots and peas are tender and water has completely evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
• When cauliflower is almost done roasting, combine katsu sauce, hoisin, chili sauce, 1 tsp water (2 tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of chili flakes in a medium microwave-safe bowl. • Microwave until warmed, 20-30 seconds. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. • Transfer roasted cauliflower to bowl with sauce; toss to combine.
• To pot with rice, add carrots and peas and half the scallion greens. Stir to combine; taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. • Divide rice between shallow bowls and top with glazed cauliflower. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining scallion greens. Serve.