Vegan Spicy Tex-Mex Cauliflower Bowls
with Fajita Veggies, Guacamole & Pineapple Salsa
Craving all the tantalizing flavors and textures of a rice bowl—minus the meat? Look no further. For this Tex-mex fajita-inspired vegan meal, you’ll build your bowl starting with a bed of fluffy garlic, cilantro and lime rice, topped with caramelized onions & peppers deglazed with pineapple juice. Next up—sweet & spicy roasted cauliflower, creamy guac, tangy pineapple salsa, and a squeeeeze of lime.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Fajita Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• In a large bowl, combine Tex-Mex paste and a drizzle of oil. Add cauliflower; stir until thoroughly coated. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet. TIP: Line with foil first for easy cleanup! • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes. Wipe out bowl.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, drain pineapple over a small bowl (reserve juice for Step 6). Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Finely chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips.
• In bowl used for cauliflower, combine drained pineapple, minced onion, half the cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and a pinch of lime zest. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, sliced onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. • Stir in half the Fajita Spice Blend (all for 4 servings) and a splash of reserved pineapple juice; cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until veggies are browned and tender, 2-3 minutes more. TIP: If pan seems dry, add another splash of juice. • Remove pan from heat; stir in a squeeze of lime juice. Cover to keep warm.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in remaining lime zest, remaining cilantro, and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls; top with fajita veggies, cauliflower, guacamole, and salsa. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.