Chicken is always a weeknight winner. It’s satisfying, speedy, and so versatile, which is why our chefs are always brainstorming new ways to take it to the next level. Here, they use of one of their all-time favorite Italian ingredients, balsamic glaze, to coat the meat and give it intensely rich, savory-sweet flavor. On the side, there’s tender potatoes tossed with Tuscan spices for zesty flavor and a touch of heat, plus buttery, lemony green beans. You’d be chicken not to try it.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Tuscan Heat Spice
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce (except green beans). • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, ½ tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (you’ll use more in the next step), salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until golden and crispy, 20-25 minutes. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice.
• While potatoes roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with ½ tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (be sure to measure—we sent more), salt, and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side. Turn off heat; remove chicken from pan. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice. • TIP: Lower heat if chicken starts to burn.
• While chicken cooks, zest lemon until you have ¼ tsp; quarter lemon. • In a small bowl, combine stock concentrate, half the balsamic glaze, and ¼ cup water. • 4 SERVINGS: Zest lemon until you have ½ tsp. Use all the balsamic glaze and add 1/3 cup water.
• Add balsamic glaze mixture to pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.
• Pierce green bean bag with a fork; place bag on a plate. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes. • Carefully transfer beans to a large bowl. Toss with 1 TBSP butter, lemon zest, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. • TIP: No microwave? No problem! Steam beans in a small pot with a splash of water until just tender, 5-7 minutes.
• Divide chicken, potatoes, and green beans between plates. Drizzle chicken with glaze. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.