Hearty fall ingredients (hello, delicata squash, Brussels sprouts, pecans, and maple syrup!) transform this steak dinner into an awesome autumnal experience. The foundation is an especially tender, juicy steak, pan-seared and then basted with butter until a golden crust forms. Over top is a scallion gremolata, which adds aromatic freshness to the steak. Alongside come those fall flavors: roasted delicata squash and Brussels sprouts on a bed of lemony whipped ricotta, topped with delicately smoky chipotle maple syrup and pecans.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds with a spoon. Cut squash crosswise into ¾-inch-thick slices. Trim and halve Brussels sprouts. Zest and quarter lemon. Roughly chop pecans.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, add 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave until completely melted, 45-60 seconds. • Toss squash and Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet with melted butter, garlic powder, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on top rack, flipping veggies halfway through, until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes. (For 4, divide between 2 sheets; roast on top and middle racks, swapping rack positions halfway through.)
• While veggies roast, in a second small microwave-safe bowl, combine maple syrup, honey, ⅛ tsp chipotle powder (¼ tsp for 4 servings—be sure to measure; we sent more), and a pinch of salt. Microwave for 20 seconds, then set aside.
• Trim and mince scallions. Peel and mince garlic. • In a third small bowl, combine scallions, garlic, half the lemon zest (all for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Pat steak* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook until browned on one side, 4-6 minutes. Flip steak; reduce heat to medium low and cook for 2 minutes more. • Add 4 TBSP butter (6 TBSP for 4 servings) and cook until foamy. Tilt pan slightly towards the handle and spoon melted butter over steak, repeating often, until steak reaches desired doneness, 2-4 minutes. • Transfer steak to a cutting board. Let rest for at least 5 minutes.
• While steak cooks, in a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, crème fraîche, a squeeze of lemon juice (two squeezes for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper until light and fluffy. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
• Thinly slice steak against the grain. • Microwave chipotle syrup for 15 seconds. • Spread whipped ricotta on one side of each plate. Pile roasted veggies over top; drizzle with as much chipotle syrup as you like. Garnish with pecans. Place steak next to veggies; top with 1 TBSP pan juices (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and gremolata. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Steak is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.