Butter-Basted Steak & Scallion Gremolata
with Whipped Ricotta, Chipotle Syrup, Roasted Squash & Brussels
Hearty fall ingredients (hello, delicata squash, Brussels sprouts, pecans, and maple syrup!) transform this steak dinner into an awesome autumnal experience. The foundation is an especially tender, juicy steak, pan-seared and then basted with butter until a golden crust forms. Over top is a scallion gremolata, which adds aromatic freshness to the steak. Alongside come those fall flavors: roasted delicata squash and Brussels sprouts on a bed of lemony whipped ricotta, topped with delicately smoky chipotle maple syrup and pecans.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds with a spoon. Cut squash crosswise into ¾-inch-thick slices. Trim and halve Brussels sprouts. Zest and quarter lemon. Roughly chop pecans.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, add 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave until completely melted, 45-60 seconds. • Toss squash and Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet with melted butter, garlic powder, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on top rack, flipping veggies halfway through, until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes. (For 4, divide between 2 sheets; roast on top and middle racks, swapping rack positions halfway through.)
• While veggies roast, in a second small microwave-safe bowl, combine maple syrup, honey, ⅛ tsp chipotle powder (¼ tsp for 4 servings—be sure to measure; we sent more), and a pinch of salt. Microwave for 20 seconds, then set aside.
• Trim and mince scallions. Peel and mince garlic. • In a third small bowl, combine scallions, garlic, half the lemon zest (all for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Pat steak* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook until browned on one side, 4-6 minutes. Flip steak; reduce heat to medium low and cook for 2 minutes more. • Add 4 TBSP butter (6 TBSP for 4 servings) and cook until foamy. Tilt pan slightly towards the handle and spoon melted butter over steak, repeating often, until steak reaches desired doneness, 2-4 minutes. • Transfer steak to a cutting board. Let rest for at least 5 minutes.
• While steak cooks, in a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, crème fraîche, a squeeze of lemon juice (two squeezes for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper until light and fluffy. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
• Thinly slice steak against the grain. • Microwave chipotle syrup for 15 seconds. • Spread whipped ricotta on one side of each plate. Pile roasted veggies over top; drizzle with as much chipotle syrup as you like. Garnish with pecans. Place steak next to veggies; top with 1 TBSP pan juices (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and gremolata. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Steak is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.