Buttery Scallops & Parmesan Spaghetti
with Asparagus & Lemon
Get ready to impress your dinner companions with this restaurant-worthy Italian-inspired meal. Scallops are sautéed until they’re gloriously golden and succulent. They’re coated in a luscious creamy sauce, then tossed with spaghetti, loads of Parmesan, roasted asparagus, and bright lemon zest. Finish with a swirl of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice, then all that’s left to do is pour the vino and cue the violins.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Jumbo Sea Scallops
Cream Sauce Base
Seafood Stock Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Shellfish)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and discard woody bottom ends from asparagus; cut stalks crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Mince garlic. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss asparagus on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until tender and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water (2 cups for 4 servings), then drain. • Return spaghetti to pot and set aside.
• Place scallops* in a strainer and rinse under cold water to remove any grit. Gently remove any small side muscles if necessary and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Once pan is very hot, add scallops; cook, undisturbed, until lightly browned on bottoms, 2-3 minutes. • Flip scallops and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. Cook, spooning butter over scallops, until scallops are opaque and cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Wipe out pan and let cool slightly.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for scallops over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Whisk in cream sauce base, stock concentrate, and 1⁄3 cup reserved pasta cooking water (¾ cup for 4 servings). Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, 2-4 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in sour cream until smooth.
• Transfer sauce to pot with drained spaghetti; add roasted asparagus, Parmesan, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a big squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of lemon zest. • Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, until butter has melted and everything is coated in a creamy sauce. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time.
• Divide pasta between shallow bowls. Top with scallops and a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
Scallops are fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.