We consider pasta night a holiday—one that we like to celebrate at least once a week, if not more. If you agree, you’re in luck. This dish has it all: al dente penne noodles, herby chicken, and tender kale, all tossed in a mouthwatering, creamy Parmesan sauce. Let the carb celebrations commence!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Remove and discard any large ribs from kale.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain. Keep empty pot handy for step 5.
• While pasta cooks, heat a large drizzle of olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Add kale and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with half the Italian Seasoning (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in pan used for kale over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side.
• Return pot used for pasta to medium-high heat. Stir in cream sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. (TIP: For cream sauce, cut top off carton to open fully and transfer contents, using a spoon or spatula to scrape sauce from carton sides.) Bring to a simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in Parmesan and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth.
• Stir kale and drained penne into pot with sauce. (TIP: If needed, add reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until everything is coated in a creamy sauce.) Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide pasta between bowls and top with chicken. (Alternatively, stir chicken into pasta before plating, adding more pasta cooking water if necessary.) Serve.