with Cucumber & Garlicky Scallion Sweet Potatoes
If you’ve been around the HelloFresh block, you may be familiar with our firecracker sauce. And if not, tonight’s your night. Time to light up some firecracker burgers! What exactly is firecracker sauce? It’s creamy, spicy, sweet, savory, and so delicious, your taste buds might just explode! You’ll slather pillowy potato buns in this magical condiment, tuck in juicy burger patties, top with crunchy cucumbers, and add a side of scallion-flecked roasted sweet potato wedges (a.k.a. more things to dip in sauce). One bite, and—ka-blammo!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Milk, Eggs, Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut sweet potatoes into ¼-inch-thick wedges. Toss sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim scallions and cut greens into 1-inch pieces; mince whites. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Halve buns. Slice cucumber into ¼-inch-thick rounds. • In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 tsp soy sauce (2 tsp for 4 servings), ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4), and Sriracha to taste. (Be sure to measure the soy sauce—we sent more.)
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly charred and fragrant, 2-4 minutes. • Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute more. • Turn off heat; transfer scallion mixture (including oil!) to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Wipe out pan.
• In a second large bowl, combine beef*, scallion whites, and half the Fry Seasoning (all for 4 servings). Form into two patties (four patties for 4), each slightly larger than a burger bun. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for scallions over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side.
• While patties cook, toast buns until golden brown. • Transfer sweet potatoes to bowl with scallion mixture; toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Spread cut sides of bottom buns with as much sauce as you like. Fill buns with patties, cucumber, and more sauce if desired. Serve with sweet potatoes and any remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
Ground Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.