There’s a reason why Elaine craved a big salad on Seinfeld. A small one just isn’t satisfying enough. That’s why we crafted this Greek salad to have lots of goodies in generous portions. There are the usual suspects: crisp romaine, juicy tomato, and cool cukes. But we top the bowl with juicy pork patties made with feta and seasoned with our Turkish spice blend so they’re packed with flavor. We also add hummus and more feta to the salad, and dress it with a creamy Greek vinaigrette. All-in-all, it’s an Elaine-worthy salad!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Turkish Spice Blend
Greek Vinaigrette(ContainsMilk, Eggs)
Red Pepper Jam
• Wash and dry produce. • Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces. Trim and quarter cucumber lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Trim and discard root end from lettuce; chop leaves into 1-inch pieces.
• In a medium bowl, gently combine pork*, scallion whites, half the Turkish Spice (all for 4 servings), ¼ of the feta, salt (we used ½ tsp; 1 tsp for 4), and pepper. • Form into six 1½-inch meatballs (12 meatballs for 4). TIP: Coat hands with cold water first to prevent sticking.
Simply swap in turkey for pork.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; gently press down with a spatula to make ½-inch-thick patties. (TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches.) Cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
• In a small bowl, toss tomato and cucumber with a pinch of salt and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine Greek vinaigrette and sour cream. Slowly drizzle in 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), whisking continuously. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• In a large bowl, toss lettuce and scallion greens with dressing to taste. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
• Divide salad between bowls. Arrange patties, tomato and cucumber, hummus, and remaining feta on top in separate sections. Drizzle any remaining dressing over patties and serve.