Herbed Chickpea & Spinach Salad
with Pear, Feta, Almonds & Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
We’re putting a new spin on spinach salad—and this hearty supper stunner is ready for a twirl. Crisped-up herby chickpeas, toasted almonds, and briny-tangy feta cheese are balanced by a sweet and tart cherry balsamic dressing, and juicy bites of pear to make a light yet satisfying meal. We’ll have you whirling for joy when dinner’s ready in 30 minutes.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. • Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat very dry with paper towels. Halve, peel, and cut shallot into ½-inch-thick wedges.
• Toss chickpeas and shallot on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Italian Seasoning (all for 4 servings), and 1 tsp salt (2 tsp for 4). Roast on top rack until chickpeas are lightly crispy, 18-20 minutes (it’s natural for chickpeas to pop a bit as they roast!). • Remove sheet from oven; transfer chickpeas and shallot to a large bowl to cool.
• Meanwhile, wash and dry produce. Halve, core, and thinly slice pear. • In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, and 4 TBSP olive oil (8 TBSP for 4 servings) until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a small, dry pan over medium-high heat. Add almonds and toast, stirring, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
• Once chickpeas and shallot have slightly cooled, transfer half the chickpeas and shallot to a plate; reserve for serving. • To bowl with remaining chickpeas and shallot, add spinach, pear, and half the feta. • Reserve 2 TBSP dressing (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and set aside for serving. Add remaining dressing to bowl and toss to evenly coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide salad between plates or bowls; top with almonds, reserved chickpeas and shallot, and remaining feta. Drizzle with reserved dressing and serve.