Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwiches
with a Potato, Pepper & Cilantro Hash | 2 Servings
Breakfast sandwiches are easy enough to come by, but a full-blown brunch bonanza such as this? That’s another story! Luckily, we’re covering the ingredients and the recipe—all you need to do is whip it up and chow down. Let us formally introduce you to our ultimate BEC. There’s bacon-fat-fried eggs, crispy bacon, and toasty buns covered in melty cheddar. For even more heft, we’ve added a potato, pepper, and onion hash tossed with chopped cilantro on the side. So, pour yourself a cup of coffee (or a mimosa), take a bite, then take on your day.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Long Green Pepper
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Soy, Wheat)
White Cheddar Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and dice half the onion into ½-inch pieces (use the rest as you like). Core, deseed, and dice green pepper into ½-inch pieces. Mince cilantro.
• Toss potatoes, diced onion, and green pepper on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil and Fry Seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out evenly across entire sheet. Roast on top rack until veggies are golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place bacon* in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. (TIP: Lower heat if bacon begins to brown too quickly.) Turn off heat; transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Carefully pour out and reserve bacon fat. Wipe out pan.
• Return same pan to medium heat with a drizzle of reserved bacon fat (or oil if desired). Once hot, crack eggs* into pan and cover. Fry eggs to preference. Uncover and season with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• When veggies have 3-5 minutes left, remove from oven. Halve buns and place cut sides up on same sheet. Sprinkle top buns with cheddar. Return to oven until bread is toasted, cheese melts, and veggies are tender.
• Spread bottom buns with a bit of ketchup; fill buns with bacon and eggs. Toss veggies with cilantro; divide between plates with sandwiches. Serve with remaining ketchup on the side.