Step aside, side salad—this hearty Mediterranean bowl is the stuff of dinner dreams. We toss tender mixed greens with Tunisian-spiced chickpeas, pickled shallots, fresh cucumber, tangy feta, crunchy almonds, and sweet, bursting grapes. It’s all drizzled with lemon hummus dressing, equally perfect for scooping up onto your garlicky lemon pita chips. All that’s missing from this culinary experience are a pair of shades and those Aegean Sea views.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tunisian Spice Blend
Sliced Almonds(ContainsTree Nuts)
Whole Wheat Pitas(ContainsWheat)
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice ¼ of the shallot for pickling; cut remaining shallot crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. Peel and mince garlic. Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest 1 lemon and quarter both). Trim and dice cucumber into ½-inch pieces. Slice grapes into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
• Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat as dry as possible with paper towels. Toss chickpeas and shallot rounds on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, 1 tsp Tunisian Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt and pepper. (Use the remaining Tunisian Spice as you like.) • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until crisp, 18-20 minutes. TIP: It’s natural for the chickpeas to pop a bit while roasting. • Let chickpea mixture cool 5 minutes after removing from oven.
• Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave until butter melts, 30 seconds. • Place pitas on a second baking sheet and drizzle with garlic butter. Lightly season with salt and pepper. • Toast on middle rack until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. • Sprinkle pitas with a pinch of lemon zest. Transfer to a cutting board.
• While pitas toast, in a large bowl, combine hummus, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), ½ tsp honey (1 tsp for 4), and juice from two lemon wedges (whole lemon for 4). (Use the rest of the honey as you like.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. • In a second small microwave-safe bowl, combine sliced shallot, juice from remaining lemon wedges, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt. Microwave until shallot is softened, 1 minute. Set aside.
• Once cooled, add half the chickpea mixture to large bowl with dressing. Toss with mixed greens, cucumber, and half the feta (save the rest for serving) until combined.
• Halve pitas, then cut each half into three triangles. • Divide salad between bowls; top with grapes, remaining chickpea mixture, and remaining feta. Garnish with almonds, pickled shallot, and remaining lemon zest. Serve with garlic lemon pitas.