Spiced Pork Patties with Tomato Pan Sauce
plus Rainbow Vegetable Jumble
If you love meatballs and you love burgers, you’re going to go batty for these patties! First you’ll form pork meatballs with minced onion and our Tunisian-inspired blend of smoky-savory spices. Then, you’ll smash the meatballs into juicy patties right in the pan to create extra-crispy edges. Meanwhile a colorful combo of carrot, zucchini, and red onion are roasting in the oven. That’s yummy enough, it’s true, but we wouldn’t leave you high and dry—you’ll make a quick tomato-y pan sauce to top it all off!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tunisian Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Trim, peel, and cut carrot on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges; mince a few wedges until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces.
• Toss zucchini, carrot, and onion wedges on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While veggies roast, in a medium bowl, combine pork*, minced onion, half the Tunisian Spice Blend (you’ll use the rest later), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Form pork mixture into six 1½-inch meatballs (twelve meatballs for 4 servings).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and press down with a spatula to form patties; cook until cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. • Transfer patties to a plate; remove pan from heat and let cool slightly, about 1 minute.
• Heat same pan over medium heat. Add tomato and remaining Tunisian Spice Blend; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomato is saucy, 3-4 minutes. • In a small bowl, whisk together stock concentrate, half the flour (all for 4 servings), and 1⁄3 cup water (2⁄3 cup for 4). Slowly stir flour mixture into pan and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted and combined.
• Divide vegetable jumble and pork patties between plates in separate sections. Top patties with pan sauce and serve.
Ground Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.