Sweet Chili Shrimp Noodle Salad
with Miso Mushrooms, Pickled Carrots, Cucumber & Peanuts
This bowl, a riff on Vietnamese bùn (cold rice noodles loaded with toppings), is a study in delightful contrasts: hot and cold, crunchy and chewy, spicy and tangy—it’s truly a party for your taste buds! We start with cool, bouncy rice noodles, top them with garlicky miso sautéed mushrooms for meaty umami-ness, quick pickled carrots for tang and crunch, and cucumber for refreshing juiciness. Then we sprinkle everything with salty peanuts, drizzle with sweet chili soy sauce, and finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Who doesn’t want an invite to this party?!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Miso Sauce Concentrate
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a small pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Wash and dry produce. • Once water is boiling, add noodles to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4-6 minutes. Drain and thoroughly rinse noodles under cold water.
• Quarter lime. Quarter mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Trim and halve cucumber lengthwise; cut on a diagonal into ½-inch pieces. Season cucumber with a small pinch of salt.
• In a small bowl, whisk together miso sauce concentrate, garlic powder, half the soy sauce, 1½ TBSP sugar, and juice from one lime wedge (3 TBSP sugar and juice from two lime wedges for 4 servings). Set aside.
• In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine vinegar, 1½ TBSP sugar, ¼ tsp salt, and juice from one lime wedge (3 TBSP sugar, ½ tsp salt, and juice from two lime wedges for 4 servings) until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add carrots and toss to combine. • Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Open package of chicken and drain off any excess liquid. Season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp or chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-4 minutes. • Add miso mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are coated and sauce has slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes more. • While mushrooms cook, wipe out bowl used for miso mixture. In same bowl, combine chili sauce and remaining soy sauce.
Use pan used for shrimp or chicken here.
• Divide drained noodles between shallow bowls. Top with mushrooms, pickled carrots (draining first), and seasoned cucumber in separate sections. • Sprinkle everything with peanuts and drizzle with as much sweet chili soy sauce as you like. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.
Top noodles with shrimp or chicken along with veggies.
Shrimp are fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.