Sweet Heat Vegan Cauli Bowls
with Cabbage-Carrot Rice & Pickled Cucumber
Saucy cauliflower is the star of this bowl, making it a perfect vegan dinner idea! Here, you’ll roast florets until crisp and golden, then coat them in a jammy, garlicky sweet-hot glaze. Nestle the saucy cauli over a steaming bowl of veggie-loaded rice with tangy pickled cukes on the side. This bowl’s got all the bold flavors you crave, without the meat: Witness the power of cauliflower!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Red Cabbage & Carrot Mix
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Sesame, Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve cucumber lengthwise; slice into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Trim scallions; mince whites and slice greens on a diagonal into ½-inch pieces. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• In a small bowl, combine cucumber, vinegar, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Set aside to pickle.
• Toss cauliflower on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and softened, 1 minute. • Add rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion greens; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add cabbage and carrot mix; cook, stirring occasionally, until scallions are slightly charred and veggies are tender, 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• In a second small bowl, whisk together half the cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water (all the cornstarch and ½ cup cold water for 4 servings) until no lumps remain. Set aside. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in jam, sweet soy glaze, cornstarch mixture, and as much Sriracha as you like. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and syrupy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. TIP: Add water a splash at a time if sauce seems too thick. • When cauliflower is done roasting, add to pan with sauce; stir until thoroughly coated.
• Stir cabbage mixture into pot with rice. • Divide rice between shallow bowls. Top with saucy cauliflower and pickled cucumber (draining first). Serve.