Lettuce leaves swap for tortillas in this sweet and savory lunch. You’ll whip up a pineapple salsa with scallion and lime, then warm fully cooked pulled pork with our Fajita Spice, some pineapple juice, and garlic. Pile it all in wonderfully crisp leaves and top with blue corn tortilla chips for added crunch appeal. Now all you have to do is perfect your lettuce-folding technique to maximize each bite!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Fajita Spice Blend
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips(ContainsSesame)
• Wash and dry produce.
• Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Quarter lime. Trim and discard root end from lettuce; separate leaves.
• Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a medium, microwave-safe bowl.
• Shred pulled pork* into bite-sized pieces using your hands or two forks (using your hands is much faster); transfer to bowl with reserved pineapple juice. Stir in scallion whites, garlic powder, half the tomato paste, half the Fajita Spice Blend, and half the brown sugar (all the tomato paste, all the Fajita Spice Blend, and all the brown sugar for 4 servings). Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until warmed through, 2 minutes. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine pineapple chunks, scallion greens, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide lettuce between plates and fill with pork; top with pineapple pico de gallo. Crush tortilla chips over top; drizzle with hot sauce to taste and serve.
Pulled Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.