Tempura Fried Cheese
over Rice & Mixed Greens with Creamy Lemon Sauce
Don’t let its name fool you—grilling cheese is great on the grill, but it’s also fantastic fried! Here you’ll coat it in a garlicky tempura batter, then fry in a hot pan until crispy on the outside and magically melty on the inside. Once golden, the cheese is served over jasmine rice and mixed greens, then topped with a drizzle of creamy lemon sauce and a sprinkle of toasted sunflower seeds. Yep, this meal is guaranteed to serve up smiles. Say (fried) cheese!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince greens. Zest and quarter lemon. Dice tomato into 1-inch pieces. Slice grilling cheese into four pieces (eight pieces for 4 servings).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring, until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in rice, 3⁄4 cup water (1 1⁄4 cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, minced scallion greens, 1 tsp olive oil (2 tsp for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice, and lemon zest to taste; stir until smooth. Add water 1 tsp at a time until sauce reaches a drizzling consistency. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add sunflower seeds and a pinch of salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and toasted, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • In a medium bowl, toss tomato with 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a second medium bowl, whisk together tempura mix, garlic powder, 1⁄3 cup cold water (2⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt and pepper. TIP: If batter is too thick, add more water 1 TBSP at a time until it reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency. • Add grilling cheese to bowl with batter; toss to fully coat.
• Heat 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in pan used for sunflower seeds over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering and hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, add coated grilling cheese. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. TIP: Work in batches if necessary. • Using tongs, transfer to a paper-towel- lined plate or baking sheet.
• Add mixed greens to bowl with marinated tomato; toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Fluff rice with a fork. Divide rice and salad between bowls in separate sections. Top with grilling cheese. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.